11 March 2011

283rd Day

Two of my most prized possessions. The Pittsfield Saukee sweatshirt was once my father's and the red and black beaded necklace was the only piece of jewelry my great-great grandmother ever owned. I couldn't help but show my hometown pride today because the Pittsfield Saukees boys basketball team is playing in the Final Four IHSA state tournament in one hour! It's been twenty years since we've been this far and even though we're the comeback kids, "I believe that we will win!"

"Wave the flag for dear 'ol Pittsfield, red and black our colors grand. Ever shall our team be victors, known throughout the land. With our captain brave to lead us, without a fear we'll stand. Wave, again, that dear 'ol banner, for our hero's every man!" Good luck tonight, Saukees!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Update: They played a great game but ending up losing to the number one team in the state. They played for 3rd place tonight against Rockford Christian. I'm so proud of them! The beauty of living in a small town is that even though I don't know all the players I at least recognize their last names!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Saukees played a fantastic final game and should be very proud of their fourth place finish. I know I am and so is the Saukee Nation. It's truly a great day to be a Saukee!

    ReplyDelete