07 March 2011

279th Day

Today is International Badge Day. Members of Greek letter fraternities and sororities across the world will dress to their badge today. Sadly, I don't plan on leaving the house today so won't be dressing to the pin, but I took time today to find my Alpha Xi Delta quill and ribbons of double blue and gold and reflected on my time as a member.  I also found my great-grandmother's pins from her time as a Sigma Alpha Iota at Illinois Wesleyan.  We didn't know that Venise was a member of anything like that until my grandmother found these pins in her old jewelry. Venise didn't graduate from IW, but rather attended three other universities over a span of six years (it took this long because of finances and farm work) before she earned her teaching degree and began her tenure as a French teacher in Milton, IL. I love that I share something like AXiD in common with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment