20 March 2011

Day 292

I went and heard U.S. Olympic track and field gold medalist, Marion Jones, speak at church today. I remember watching her win the 100 meter dash 11 years ago in Sydney. I had pictures of her on the walls of my bedroom. She inspired me to run track. I ran all the same events as she did. These are some of my ribbons and medals from the good ol' days!
And then she admitted to using performance enhancing drugs. I remember being really disappointed, and then I pushed her from my mind...until I heard she was coming to Peoria. She spent time in jail for lying to federal investigators and now she's come out on the other side. She has an amazing testimony and I'm glad I got to hear her speak today! I can't wait to read her book and watch her play in the WNBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment